Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tagged By Wendy

In response to Wendy's tag, Natalie says:


1o years ago I: I was a freshman at Harding University, adjusting to living 7 hours from home. My friendship with my new roommate Crystina was just beginning, and Michael and I were "just friends".

5 years ago I: had just moved to Pasadena with Michael, for him to start his graduate school at Fuller. We had just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Also, I had been teaching at Hoover for a couple of months and I was having some major culture shock, since we had been in Arkansas for the past 5 years before this. So many elements: Southern Californian culture, Armenian culture at school, the seminary atmosphere...it's a good thing that I had the Fuller wives group to help me get adjusted!

3 years ago I: started my 3rd year teaching in California. I think this was the first year that I really felt like I was settled in Pasadena, making friends, having a good church family. I had also just found out that I was pregnant with Owen, due in the Spring.

1 year ago I: was helping Michael prepare for the internship application process for his psych. degree. This was a tough year. Still can't say much about it without a lot of strong emotions coming to the surface. I'm working on 'em though. Thanks to RaeEtta for helping me survive!

Yesterday I: slept in (Owen spent the night at the other grandparents), helped clean house, and prepared
for Suzie's Supper Club ladies. They get together every 6 weeks or so, and one person plans the
whole menu. Then each of the ladies takes one of the recipes. So last night, it was bacon-wrapped pork loin, arugula salad with roasted grapes and pears with a roasted shallot
vinaigrette, sliced potatoes au gratin with marscapone cheese and porcini mushrooms,
roasted green beans with almonds, and pumpkin tiramisu. WOW! It was an amazing meal,
so thanks to Star, Carol, Theresa, Karen, Lisa, Donna, and Suzie for including me in a fantastic
evening.




Today I: am staying upstairs for a bit while Owen goes down for a nap. Church care group is down stairs watching football, and later on, I'll top my exciting day off with grading some unit notebooks for my algebra classes.



5 snacks I enjoy: from this week...chili-cheese fritos, peanut M&M's, Dr. Pepper, Ritter Sport bar with whole hazelnuts, and Jello



5 things I would do with $1 million: roll around in it, smell it, read my bank statement every 5 minutes, catch flies with my open mouth, and wake up from the dream....and then maybe pay off graduate school, pay for Agape Church to move into their new building, go on a trip with Michael, then the family, and then eat at The Lobster in Santa Monica



5 places I would love to run away to: Sunland, CA (Hi Rae!), Washington, DC (dream nerd trip), Morocco (our neighbors left today and I'm jealous), Ritz-Carlton (spa day?), Camp Deer Run



5 TV Shows I like: The Office (UK and US), Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, So You Think You Can Dance, old Law and Order episodes



5 things I hate doing: filling up the car with gas, mopping, blow drying my hair, clipping a toddler's toenails, putting new sheets on the bed (I love the results, dislike the process)



5 biggest joys of the moment: Having Michael in town, listening to Owen talk, riding with my mom to work, eating dinner as a family, and eating fried green tomatoes at the state fair

No comments: