Sunday, January 17, 2010

Our "Pre-Owned", "Gently Loved", New "Used" Car

Because I must have some lot in life to own cars with distinctive body styles, I introduce you to our new car, a 2005 PT Cruiser.


Who would've thunk it? But, there we were, face-to-face with an amazing deal from Huffines Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in Lewisville. What can I say, they made us an offer we couldn't refuse.

So far, we've been impressed with the cargo room for all of our junk (with no garage and an apartment on the 3rd floor, my trunk is often holding non-perishables that I can't carry up the stairs with 2 kiddos at a particular point in time), head room for tall man, and gas mileage for our pocketbooks.

Yes, saying goodbye to the truck was difficult, but I'm looking forward to making memories with the Cruiser too. With a hundred thousand less miles than the truck (151,000 vs 45,000), we've got some catching up to do.

We've already eaten in the car (Sonic was it's first meal), switched the carseats over (easy cheesy in this ride vs the truck), and filled up with gas. So any suggestions for our first road trip? ;)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fresno???

Unknown said...

Hey guys this is Janet. I was so excited to get your letter! Then NO return address! So thank God for Katy. The best to all of you. Miss you looking across the swimming pool and still all I see is a "For Rent" sign!
XOXOXOXOXO